domenica 6 aprile 2008

OUR FINAL PROJECT

Dear group 2,

next week we should start thinking about our final project. As you know, it should cover a particular aspect of the two cultures, so it should be a sort of comparison.

I was thinking that maybe we should focus on immigration and see how the two countries deal with it or have dealt with it in the past. I mean, not only in terms of attitude towards immigrants but also in terms of immigration policies. As we know, immigration is an important component of American history but nowadays it seems as if immigration policies in the US are a bit more strict compared to the Italian ones. Moreover, it seems as if the American citizenship is a really hard goal…maybe this could be a misconception based on our own ideas so we could explore the topic more in depth.

This is just my proposal! Of course if you come up with completely different ideas we can discuss them together! This is just what interests me most about America!;-)


See you in class!;-)


(photo taken from Flickr)

4 commenti:

Serena Santi ha detto...

Hi Alessia!
Thanks to your post I understood that our final project should be a group project. I was convinced I had to do it on my own. It's better and funnier when we work together and the topic you suggested is more or less the one I was thinking about. I'm not really interested in politics or terrorism.
See you on Monday.
Bye

Claudia ha detto...

Ah!

I must confess I thought too I had to do it on my own!
It will be nice to work on a group on it!

see you later
Claudia

Alberto ha detto...

Hi Alessia!
I like the topic you proposed and I'd like to work in group, but I'm quite sure that everybody must write a personal paper.
If you're right (and I hope you are), "immigration policies" is a perfect topic, in my opinion!

Alesssia L. ha detto...

Hi guys!
Well...we will discover it in class...anyway, I hope it will be a group project!;-)

Bye bye